Guidelines to host or sponsor a Door County Buy Local event
If you are interested in hosting or sponsoring an event you are encouraged to submit a request. Minimum criteria are listed below. Please complete the form below and submit on-line.
The networking event host and sponsors will receive very good exposure. Your organization will be listed on our website, identified in the event invitation and mentioned in the pre event publicity. During the event itself, you will be introduced and invited to “tell your story”. You can expect many new potential customers to learn about your organization.
We ask our hosts to provide the following:
- A room large enough to fit 40-60 people comfortably (tables and chairs are nice)
- One table and 4 chairs for our volunteers to greet and welcome people as they enter
- Area for a presenter to speak to the entire group. If possible, provide a microphone otherwise we will bring one.
- Provide enough food for the expected attendees. We will provide an estimated attendance number a few days prior to the event. Attendees expect an assortment of appetizers including at least one more substantial appetizer.
- If you have another business sponsor the food, we suggest that you place business or tent cards beside the food to recognize them. They will also be given a few minutes to speak to the group.
- Provide a complementary or cash bar offering soda, beer and/or wine for evening socials.
- If you are a business without a liquor license, you don’t need to have a bartender on hand when serving liquor (donations may be collected, but you can’t charge for drinks).
- Some hosts cater in food/beverage, while others (restaurants) have on-site food and beverage. Some hosts may provide only the meeting space and then contact other Buy Local members to co-host by providing the food/beverage.
- We will collect a donation of $5 from attendees at the door and are able to share up to 50% of these funds with the host to help cover their costs.
We welcome members to sponsor a Buy Local event. The sponsorship fee is $50 per networking event. No more than 3 sponsors will be permitted at a single networking event. In addition to the above mentioned recognition, sponsors are entitled to display their products and/or services at a table or trade show booth in a designated area at the event location. No other business or organization will be allowed to display their signs or products.
Yes, I would like to host or sponsor a Buy Local Networking Event. Please contact me to set up a date.